Click here or the “Select Options” button for dates and to enrol online.
Duration/Mode of study:
Child Protection Training is delivered over 1.5-2 hours face to face at our Kew East Campus in Melbourne.
Aim of Training:
Child Protection Training is an innovative and unique training that aims to provide greater awareness and understanding of child abuse. Adapted from award-winning programs, and supplemented by evidence from national and international research, Child Protection Training focuses on how to prevent, recognise and respond to instances of child abuse.
IMPORTANT – recent changes in Victorian law now states that ALL child care workers must report any alleged/suspected child abuse.
- What is child abuse?
- What are the indicators of abuse?
- Offender behaviour and the ‘grooming’ process
- Prevention and risk management
- Reporting concerns
- Talking to children about protective behaviours and personal safety.
- How to recognise the behavioural indicators of child abuse in children.
- Understanding how child sex offenders can target children and form special relationships with them.
- Reporting child abuse – HOW, WHY and WHAT is your responsibility.
Who Should Attend?
Parents, carers, childcare workers and anyone who works with or has contact with children.
Nurture Training College not only offers an accessible location away from the parking and traffic nightmare of the city but are also competitively priced in the market. Classes fill up quickly so call us now to book a space.
For information please contact us here!